|Frequently Asked Questions|
1. How do I register with CSF? –
is done online at www.csfcouriersltd.com. Fill out the registration form and submit. An e-mail will be sent within 24-48 hours with your skybox information. A customer service representative would contact you if any additional or further clarification is needed.
2. Is there an annual membership fee? –
CSF offers free membership to all of our customers; therefore there are no annual fees.
3. Can I have a secondary account holder and how many can I have? –
In addition to you, the primary account holder, one secondary holder is allowed i.e. only two users per account.
4. Are there any additional fees attached to having a Secondary account holder? –
No, there are no additional fees attached to having a secondary account holder, however, the primary account holder is responsible for maintaining and updating personal information on the account.
5. How can I update my personal information on my account?
Customers are requested to use our dashboard on the CSF’s website which allows you to view and make editions or changes to a number of things including updating personal information, adding or changing the secondary account holder, viewing invoices, paying online via PayPal and much more.
OFFICES AND LOCATIONS
1. How many warehouses in the USA does CSF have? –
CSF has two (02) Warehouses, one located in Pompano and the other located in Miami. The Miami warehouse offers a pick-up service for customers shipping packages from suppliers in Miami.
2. How many offices / branches in Trinidad & Tobago? –
We have three (03) offices in Trinidad, our Head Office in Montrose Chaguanas, South Pick-Up office at Duncan Village in San Fernando, Pokhor Road Requested Pick-Up office in Longdenville and also one (01) Pick-Up office in Bon Accord, Tobago.
3. What are the phone numbers for the offices? –
Our contact numbers are 225-4CSF (225-4273) and CALL-CSF (225-5273)
4. What are your opening and closing hours? –
Our offices are opened Mondays to Fridays from 9:00am to 5:00pm in both Trinidad & Tobago, 10:00am to 1:00pm on Saturdays at our South Office and 9:00am to 1:00pm at our Longdenville Office. Our Tobago office is closed on Saturdays and our Central Office is opened from 9:00am to 3:00pm on Saturdays.
1. How long does it take for an item to be shipped out from the time it’s delivered to my skybox? –
Once your item is delivered to your skybox, it will be shipped within 1-2 working days during normal shipping seasons.
2. After the shipment is cleared, how long does it take for me to receive item? –
After CSF has cleared the item through Customs, packages are delivered within 1-2 two working days. Picking up shipments however can be collected within 24 hours after clearance.
3. What is the heaviest shipment can I bring via Air? –
CSF can accommodate shipments of all weights and sizes however for shipments exceeding regular weights of 200 pounds or a volume greater than 88 x 125 x 76 inches, a quotation would be required before the item is shipped. This is necessary to determine if additional handling fees or special arrangements would be required.
4. What types of goods are restricted? –
Some items are restricted, whilst some require special licenses or permits, or hazardous material (HAZMAT) documentation. For further clarification, please refer to our Service Guide. The Service Guide is a detailed document about use of our services, terms and conditions of use. This Document will be provided at confirming your registration with CSF.
5. Why do I have to pay insurance on all items? –
This is to ensure that all customers can be reimbursed in the event of a damaged or lost packages, customers must ensure that insurance is paid on the invoice to receive a full refund. However; please note that members would not be compensated for damages or packages that are lost outside of CSF’s possession. Members would be fully reimbursed for items that are lost whilst in the possession of CSF. All items that are damaged whilst in the possession of CSF would be covered by our Default Insurance up to the value of $100.00 USD. Members whose items carry additional insurance would be fully reimbursed up to the value of the item.
6. Can I send shipments from Trinidad to the US? –
CSF does not provide this service; however, we can recommend other providers.
1. What is a freight charge? –
A freight charge is the fee for shipping your package from the United States into Trinidad. It is charged based on the package actual pound weight for air shipments.
2. What are Duties and VAT? –
Duties and VAT are determined by the type of goods and the value, based on this information Customs & Excise using their Tariff (a list of items and their applicable charges) will determine if goods are subject to charges or not. These charges are collected by the Customs & Excise Division for the Ministry of Finance under the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago; in essence they are taxes on imported items charged by the Government. These taxes are charged as a percentage of the cost of the goods + the cost of the shipping + the cost of any insurance, this is what is termed the CIF value.
3. Do all items have Duties and VAT? –
No, not all items are subjected to duties and VAT, some items may be entitled to a duties charge alone and some a VAT charge alone, some are a combination of duties and VAT and some are free of both charges.
4. If I have a query on my charges, what can I do? –
Should you have a query regarding charges applied to items, you would be advised to create a ticket via the Online Support Center using the help topic Invoice/Payment Query.
5. Is it possible to pay different amounts for the same item? –
It depends on the cost of the goods declared, seeing that Duties and VAT are a percentage of the CIF value, if different invoice totals are declared then you pay different amounts, if however the same totals are declared then you pay the same.
6. How do Customs value my items? –
Customs would value your item according to the invoice value, if you do not present an invoice (we suggest you pre-alert), Customs would insert a value for your shipment.
7. What forms of payment do CSF offices accept? –
CSF accepts Cash, Linx, Credit Card and certified, managers or company cheques at the discretion of management. Personal and Business Cheques must be pre-approved prior to making payment. Approval is based on your account history.
8. Does CSF accept cheques? –
Yes but cheques are accepted at the discretion of management. Personal and Business Cheques must be pre-approved prior to making payment. Approval is based on your account history.
9. Can I pay via Linx upon delivery? –
Yes, drivers accept all forms of card payment.
10. How do I make a payment via Paypal? –
A request must be submitted via the Online Support Center using the help topic Paypal Payment Request. A link will be emailed to you where you can log in and submit the payment.
1. What information do I need for CSF to track my packages? –
For CSF to track your shipments a domestic carrier’s tracking number is required.
2. Why can’t CSF track my packages with an order number? –
An Order Number is the number your online store assigned to your purchase much like an invoice number, therefore it would be stored on any other database and would not determine where in the domestic supply chain your packages are.
3. Can I track my packages on CSF’s website? –
At present you cannot track shipments on our website, however CSF is currently working on a new website to give customers this extra service.
4. Is there a reason for delays for packages delivered by USPS? –
United States Postal Service (USPS) delivers all packages to the closest post office within the zip code and would mark them as being delivered. Packages would then be transported from the post office to our warehouse which can take up to five (5) working days. Therefore, members expecting items being delivered by USPS should allow a few additional days for packages to be shipped out.
5. If my package is showing delivered, when will it be shipped out? –
Packages that have been delivered to our warehouse would be shipped within 1-2 working days.
6. Why would a package be shown as delivered in my skybox but CSF has not delivered it to me? –
In most cases, the package may have been scanned by the domestic carrier but not physically delivered to CSF. CSF would however use the tracking number and supplier’s invoice to further investigate such instances.
7. What do I do if my package is delivered to an incorrect address? –
Should your package be delivered to an incorrect address, members would be advised to contact their supplier or domestic carrier to further investigate.
8. What do I do if my package has an incorrect or no Box ID? –
In such instances, a tracking number and supplier’s invoice would be required to verify that the package in question does belong to the member before shipping to Trinidad.
9. Can CSF Website Track My packages? –
Yes, on our Home Page located on left hand side panel, you will see Track Packages. Enter your supplier tracking ID and hit enter, the tracking should be able to display the location of your item in transit or delivered.
1. How can I change my status from delivery to Pick-up?
A ticket must be submitted via the Online Support Center under the help topics Switch to South Pickup, Pokhor Road Pick-Up or Tobago Pickup. For a Central Pick up switch, members must use the Update My Contact Information help topic.
Or update via membership login.
2. If I am a delivery customer but I want to collect a package at your office, what should I do? –
A ticket must be submitted via the Online Support Center under the help topic Request Pickup which is only accommodated at our Requested Pick-Up office in Longdenville. .
3. What is the cost for delivery? –
There is no additional charge for delivery.
4. How would I be notified of deliveries? –
Members will receive a text message 24 hours prior to delivery with details such as the price. On the day of delivery the drivers would contact members via telephone.
Members will receive an email instead of a sms text now.
5. Do drivers do deliveries on Saturdays? –
No, drivers don’t deliver packages on Saturdays.
6. What is the cut off time for drivers to do deliveries? –
The cut off time for drivers is 4:00pm.
7. Are there any areas where CSF does not deliver? –
No, in keeping with CSF’s dedication to nationwide delivery, we stick to facilitating the entire country without any exceptions.
8. If I miss a delivery, when would it be re-scheduled? –
If a delivery attempt is made, another would be done two (02) working days after.
9. Are there any additional fees for re-scheduling deliveries? –
No, there is no charge if two (02) deliveries are missed, however $50.00 TTD would be added for any further attempt.
1. Are there additional fees for shipments to Tobago? –
Customers are required to pay a Tobago Transport Surcharge of ($2.00 USD per Invoice). Items are brought to Trinidad and then dispatched to Tobago after it is sort out by our Trinidad Warehouse. This charge is necessary to cover freight and handling expenses on route from Trinidad to Tobago.
2. How often would packages be sent to Tobago? –
Packages are scheduled to be sent three (03) times a week, however where a need arises, additional trips are made.
3. Is there an option for delivery in Tobago? – No
1. What year CSF began operations? –
CSF began operations in the year 2006.
2. What is the difference between CSF and other Courier companies? –
CSF is unique because of our competitive rates, our focus on excellent customer service as our main competitive advantage, adding to which the convenience of our geographically located Pick-Up offices.
3. Why is CSF’s head office in Montrose? –
CSF believes in serving the entire country and we believe that Central is the best location to coordinate all our activities.
1) C.S.F PO BOX : Click Here
2) Pre Alerting Packages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v1wbL4_fEo
3) CSF Couriers Limited Transaction Tracking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j2chrtAkYM
4) CSF Couriers Miami Zip Code Change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIt5y8-tJKg
5) CSF Couriers Limited Miami Zip Code Change (01-Aug-15): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4wo9XM-nMs